of ladybugs and skipping stones -

the coat was brown this time, perhaps because she knew our palette,
or was settling into some personal winter.

the one before had landed in union pier,
separating from the cluster of red siblings above the door
and stretching across my back before we made it to the beach,
before the sun set on our left, trading sky with water,
before I sat beside paul
and time skipped something into the ever graying moment,
and tim, down the way, with two dogs at his heels was caught on camera,
he was still tall
and erin still was lovely and my
voice was still speaking as I moved into a cloud.

then this one found me perhaps by hunch,
or sympathetic vibration,
and walked with great deliberation into our home and put herself
where we would see
that time
sometimes
favors those who honor memory.




GLS
11.6.98

No comments: